Terms and Conditions of Business for Services Effective 06 November 2018
1. It is expressly understood that the Owner retains the services of Nats Pet Services as an Independent Contractor and not as an employee. Nats Pet Services shall be responsible for her insurance and all statutory declarations and payments with regard to income tax and VAT where applicable. Nats Pet Services undertakes to perform the agreed-on services in an attentive, reliable and caring manner and the Owner undertakes to provide all necessary information to assist in this performance.
2. Nats Pet Services will provide a time interval during which visits will occur. If an unforeseen situation arises, the time interval may be adjusted.
3. An in-home consultation is required, prior to reservations, for all new clients.
4. In the event that additional items need to be purchased in the absence of the client – i.e. pet food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and well being of your pet, the pet service provider will purchase these, retain a receipt and the pet owner is responsible for reimbursement of these items on their return.
5.The client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including but not limited to medical care, legal fees, etc) if the client’s pet(s) should bite another animal.
6. Nats Pet Services shall not be liable for any mishap of whatsoever nature which may befall a pet or caused by a pet who has unsupervised access to the outdoors.
7. Nats Pet Services has valid public liability insurance, for the peace of mind of its clients.
8.The insurance only covers Nats Pet Services, for the duration of the selected service, and only for services agreed.
9. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment.
10.The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog/ pet while it is under the care of Nats Pet Services and agrees to indemnify Nats Pet Services in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
11.The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog/ pet, Nats Pet Services has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog/ pet is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
12. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Nats Pet Services staff prior to using Nats Pet Services. Nats Pet Services reserves the right to refuse any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
13.The Client agrees to notify Nats Pet Services immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
14.Unless ‘individual walks only’ is specified by the client, Nats Pet Services offers services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
15. Nats Pet Services will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed, and this will remain at the discretion of Nats Pet Services staff.
16. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog/ pet(s) receives while under the care of Nats Pet Services, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of Nats Pet Services to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; (where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet), but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Nats Pet Services may at their discretion use the nearest registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such associated veterinary costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog/ pet(s), or by agreement with the proprietor.
17. Nats Pet Services reserves the right to refuse any dog if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations (including bordetella), or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
18. Bitches may not attend Nats Pet Services while in season or pregnant.
19. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Nats Pet Services responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
20. The Client agrees to notify Nats Pet Services immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. Nats Pet Services reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
21. Unless advised otherwise by the Client, the Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Nats Pet Services without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Nats Pet Services (Electronic copies available on request)
22. The Client agrees that Nats Pet Services is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
23. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Nats Pet Services to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
24.The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
25. The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Nats Pet Services in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
26. Nats Pet Services does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during or immediately after our services have been rendered.
27. Please inform us at the time of consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbours.
28. It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of Nats Pet Services have been engaged.
29. Nats Pet Services agrees to ensure that all keys are held in a secure and responsible way and not marked with the clients personal details. Nats Pet Services agrees to not allow any unauthorised persons to have access to the keys or personal information at any time.